FlavorCloud's DDP (Delivery Duties Paid) rating processes review orders from Shopify and if items in the order do not have an HS code, it will not allow the order to rate as DDP and will only return shipping costs and not the landed costs.
One common reason is that merchants haven't updated their digital-only SKUs in Shopify to remove the "Requires shipping" attribute. Digital SKUs also include non-sold product Marketing materials (Inserts/Catalog/etc.)
Important note: If the SKUs are coming from the 3PL (example ShipBob, ShipHero, etc.) those SKUs are not stored in Shopify. For this scenario, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Store Name
- SKU number(s)
- Please note in the request that you are submitting the SKU(s) because the SKU is originating from your 3PL and thus cannot be suppressed in Shopify.
If your store leverages these types of SKUs in your product inventory, you may audit or update the settings in Shopify as follows:
- Log into Shopify
- Next click on Products in the left-hand navigation
- Check the box to the left of the specific product or you can check the main box just below the "Filter products" search bar to select all the products.
- Next click the [Edit products] button
- Then on the next screen, click on the [Add fields] button
- In the pop-up window, scroll down until you see "Requires shipping" within the "Shipping" section and click it.
- If the product is digital, make certain the "Requires shipping" checkbox is unchecked and then hit the [Save] button at the top of the screen,
- This will remove the SKU from DDP landed cost calculations as there isn't a physical product of value being shipped.