The first 6 codes describe the product category and subcategory. The remaining digits are specific to importing into a destination country which FlavorCloud automatically figures out at the checkout based on the customer address.
Articles in this section
- What are Harmonized System (HS) codes?
- How do HS codes work with FlavorCloud?
- HS codes can be as long as 10 or more digits – why does FlavorCloud only require the first 6 digits of the HS code of a product?
- Where do I list the country of origin of my products?
- What if the country of origin of a product is different than the location I ship the product from?